Back to Case Studies
How a Content and SEO Strategy Drives 60,000 Additional Visits Per Year to SuperOffice.com
I spent 10 years working with SuperOffice.
In that time:
I grew the SuperOffice website from 30,000 visits to 2 million organic visitors per year.
And I grew the SuperOffice blog from 0 to 3 million visits per year.
In June 2021, I joined INEVO as Head of Content.
I didn’t hesitate.
Within 12 months of renewing the cooperation, we were able to:
- Acquire backlinks from their biggest competitors (Salesforce, HubSpot)
- Increase page 1 rankings from 4,500 keywords to 6,500 keywords
- Generated an additional 15,000 visits to existing content in Q4 2022
- Helped them land a #6 ranking for the keyword CRM.
What is SuperOffice CRM and
what does it do?
SuperOffice is a European-based CRM platform based in Norway. SuperOffice helps midsize companies turn relationships into revenue by aligning sales, marketing and customer service teams to focus on putting the customer at the heart of an organization.
Companies like Sharp, Printed Cup Company and Bridge Technologies use SuperOffice to manage their customer relationships.
When I met with Fredrik and Niklas, they had 3 clear goals:
- Prevent traffic decline
- Regain lost rankings
- Grow organic traffic
Here’s how we achieved those goals.
Content and SEO Strategy for SuperOffice
The strategy we created for SuperOffice was based around pillar pages, content updates and link-building. Let’s take a closer look at each one.
1. Pillar pages
If you’re not familiar with pillar pages,, here’s a quick explainer:
- Pillar: You create 1 main article (i.e. Ultimate guide to SEO )
- Clusters: You create multiple pieces of content related to the main topic (i.e. Backlinks, KW research, Google algorithm, etc)
- Internal linking: You then link all content together
A lot of content strategies use pillar pages.
In total, we introduced 5 new pillar pages on the SuperOffice website.
Each pillar will eventually have cluster content created around that topic to help in rank.
To begin with, we focused on the CRM pillar page.
Once live, we then created 9 new articles (clusters) around CRM such as technology, trends, automation and best practices.
Here’s an example of the CRM pillar page and cluster content:
Cluster content (each piece links back to the CRM pillar page):
- CRM Strategy: An Alignment Of People, Processes And Technology
- 9 Real-World Examples Of CRM Automation
- What Are The 3 Types Of CRM?
Implementing the CRM pillar page (July 2022) and cluster content led to a 100% increase in visits:
These 5 pillar pages generate 210,000 visits to the SuperOffice blog every year.
2. Content refresh and enhancements
We updated research, statistics and data.
(We made sure we used recent data. i.e. last 12 months).
We also updated the graphics and charts to reflect it.
Next, we focused on content enhancements.
First, we asked internal subject matter experts to share their opinion/ POV on CRM and included their quotes and pictures in the article
Second, we included a FAQ section at the bottom of the article that mirrors the questions used in “People also ask” in Google when you search for CRM.
Finally, we included a recommended reading section (below) beneath the FAQs that linked to the new content we created around technology, trends, automation and best practices.
Here’s the impact of when we updated an article on the SuperOffice website - traffic increased from 600 visits per week to 1,400 visits per week.
In total, updating existing content on the SuperOffice blog has generated 15,000 additional visits - which will result in an additional 60,000 visits per year.
Here’s 5 examples of content we have improved:
- Email Marketing: 5 Strategies For Better Email Campaigns
- How To Create A Customer-Centric Strategy For Your Business
- Why Customer Complaints Are Good For Your Business
- Sales Process: A Roadmap To Improving Sales Performance
- 32 Customer Experience Statistics You Need To Know For 2023
3. Link building
You can have the best content in the world, but if you don’t have any backlinks for a keyword that gets 1 million searches per month, you will never rank on page 1.
How many backlinks do you need?
Well, to rank for the keyword CRM, we need 10 backlinks.
A few things to note:
- We built these links through guest posting
- The average DR was 79 (ranging between 74 and 89)
- We used anchors such as CRM, Customer Relationship Management and CRM software
Here’s 3 examples of the backlinks we built to the CRM pillar page.
- How to Manage B2B Clients as a Solopreneur: 10 Things to Know (PaymoApp)
- Make Your Sales Cycle Hyper-Efficient: 8 Tips to Follow (TrustRadius)
- Ultimate Guide to DTC Customer Relationship for Holiday Season (Powr)
SuperOffice are very happy with the progress and the collaboration with INEVO.
In 2022, we achieved our goals and were able to:
- Prevent traffic decline by creating pillar pages
- Regain lost rankings by updating existing content
- Grow organic traffic to the blog and (planned for 2023).
This strategy will drive an additional 60,000 visits in 2023.
But there’s a lot more to come.
This year, we will build on this foundation and continue to help SuperOffice grow organic traffic by creating new content, improving existing content and building high quality backlinks to their website.
Want to achieve similar results with your B2B SaaS company?
Contact us today. We’ll conduct a free 15-minute audit and share key findings with you.
Enjoy this case study? You’ll love:
- How A Buyer-Centric SEO Strategy Delivered 3x Visits And Demo Sign Ups
- How We Tripled Organic Traffic from the USA for LeadSquared Within 90 days